July 2015

These were taken in July of 2015. Neil and I went to the property to bush hog it. I'm not sure what I was thinking. I guess I never really thought how much property I have. We worked half a day and did not knock down very much. I came back on my own and using a chain saw cut down some Pepper tree limbs etc. But there's so much property it didn't look like anything was done. Now you could tell that Neil and I did cut down the high grass and small trees and bushes but really all we did was to allow the grasses and bushes to flourish! But nonetheless it was great fun and just being there knowing that that piece of property would one day be home, was a wonderful feeling. Every time I went to the property and to Florida in general, it was harder to leave. Florida was getting a hold on me again!


 After Neil and I bush hogged.

Neil after - Let's go to Conchy Joe's!

The big tree in the first photo is a Strangle Fig. In the center is a Cabbage Palm Tree. Below is a close up view of it. I hope the driveway will curve around it. I think its way too cool!

 The Strangler Fig 

It was very strange for me to realize that I will have a beach. Granted it's on the Indian River but still, I have a beach and in the future, a pier/dock will go out into the river. Oh yea Florida most definitely has a hold on me!






Comments