After Tortoise Extraction

After the tortoises were removed the black silt fence had to be installed in order to isolate the construction area. That is to prevent the tortoises from entering the building area. Here are a few pictures. I had a video but I think the file was too large and it just wouldn't work. I'll keep trying. Tim and his crew did a great job of getting the fence up quickly. Apparently every build site has to have the construction area bound by the black silt fence. And this is inspected before you are issued the permit to clear and to build. Keith told me that he's doing a commercial job down south and even though its in the city and surrounded by a chain link fence, on the interior of the chain link fence they had to install the black silt fence. Building code. Sigh.



Beginning of driveway


Continuation of driveway 


Still more driveway
 The driveway is a little over 270 feet long.


The red flag marks the North Eastern edge of the porch. 


Looking back east toward the river from up the driveway.

Do you see the snake! I believe its a blue racer. A good snake. I want it around. However it was observed that a rattle snake went down one of the tortoise burrows west of the building site. I might have to get myself a .22 pistol and keep some rat shot in it. I don't want to kill a snake but I don't want any poisonous snakes roaming around.


Comments